We are looking for one Infrastructure Engineer and one Junior Infrastructure Engineer to work within the RAL Space Environmental Test Division. Both roles will involve working as part of a small team to support the operation of the existing and future infrastructure. The current facilities, spread across two buildings, include multiple cleanrooms, fixed cranes and mobile handling equipment and the new NSTF facilities will expand that offering. You will be split between working in a cleanroom environment and an office or light industrial environment, depending on the task at hand.
STFC has a centralised maintenance function who will perform scheduled and reactive maintenance on the vast majority of the building systems required to operate the facilities. You will work closely with them to ensure maintenance is scheduled at a time where disruption of services provided to users is minimised, and to ensure they have appropriate and safe access to the areas they need.
You will work within a well-defined Quality Management System (QMS), which places specific requirements on record keeping and the regularity of tasks. Therefore, attention to detail and dedication to see a task though to the end is paramount.
The Infrastructure team is required to cover the core operating hours of the facilities, 08:00 to 18:00 5 days a week so you will need to adopt a flexible working pattern to ensure that customer requirements can be met within this time.
The following criteria for the band C Junior Infrastructure Engineer will be assessed
- Good logistical skills and resource management
- Ability to produce basic technical and safety risk assessments in-line with legislation
- Ability to follow written procedures and produce relevant documentation
- Experience in the supervision of contractors.
Additionally, for the band D Infrastructure Engineer you will have:
- Good understanding of building services and infrastructure
- Ability to produce technical procedures in line with the Quality System requirements
- Ability to produce sophisticated technical and safety risk assessments in-line with legislation and review assessments produced by others.