You will report to the 5G/6G SPL Manager and be responsible for strategic implementation of the 5G/6G Strategic Programme Line. This will cover the strategy, coordination and implementation of development programmes involving converged satellite and terrestrial 5G/6Gnetworks, the scouting of new industrial business partners interested in entering into partnership with ESA or benefiting from ESA support in initiating end-to-end satellite systems with a high degree of innovation, in terms of technologies, services and business models, related to the convergence of 5G/6Gnetworks. The Implementation Manager will be part of a team focused on Future Programmes Acquisition, aimed at initiating new satellite and 5G development programmes, and involved in areas such as a new satellite constellation and Artificial Intelligence applications for satellite systems.
- Coordinating implementation of the set of activities and projects under the 5G/6G Strategic Programme Line.
- Managing the projects successfully within the stated objectives, schedule and costs.
- Preparing action plans and roadmap development in close cooperation with relevant stakeholders (e.g. satcom and terrestrial industry) to foster the use of innovative satcom solutions, including 5G.
- Coordinating the preparation of work plans, monitoring their implementation and taking corrective action to ensure their successful execution.
- Assessing the business environment evolution for satcom, terrestrial telecom and space and the potential impact on key satcom stakeholders.
- Identifying and justifying selected business partners to focus on (as a combination of demand/partner pull and tech/industry push) using the key criteria of relevance and impact on industry competitiveness and introduction of innovation.
- Analysing opportunities with the selected business partners, in some of the focus areas identified in business exploration (5G, satellite constellations, AI). The analysis must be based on structured action plans and result in justified roadmaps leading to further business consolidation actions.
- Promoting the use of satellite in 5G/6Gand attracting stakeholders to collaborate with ESA in implementing and demonstrating integrated end-to-end 5G/6Gsystems and services.
- Contributing to the 6G vision and to how satellite telecommunications can be part of it, including producing and delivering a 6G roadmap which includes satellite networks.
- Monitoring and assessing the need and commercial potential for future satellite telecommunication missions and systems.
- Carrying out analysis, definition, initiation and management of industrial activities associated with new telecommunication satellite system projects.
- Defining all the end-to-end elements associated with the mission/system architecture of new telecommunication satellite projects/systems.
- Performing trade-offs between different concepts/technologies to optimise the end-to-end system.
- Managing projects financially in line with the stated cost-at-completion and annual budget forecasts.
- Driving the implementation and coordination of the various activities included in the 5G/6GSPL work plan.
- Establishing and maintaining a project risk register.
- Providing regular technical, programmatic and financial reporting to ESA management and national delegations.
- Knowledge of industrial costs and schedule aspects
- Complex project management and project risk management processes
- Knowledge of ESA and industrial development and verification processesKnowledge of 4G/5G core architectures and mobile networks protocols, 5G RAN and O-RAN/vRAN/cloudRAN
- Design and development of satellite payload, platform or telecommunication end-to-end system engineering
- Business development
- Result Orientation
- Operational Efficiency
- Fostering Cooperation
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Forward Thinking
A Master’s degree in engineering or physics is required for this post. An additional business or marketing degree (MBA or other relevant qualification) will be considered an asset.
The deadline for this position has passed