Project Manager and Technical Specialist
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell, UK
Uploaded 21 Oct 2021
RHEA prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions across a range of complex engineering projects. We are currently searching for an experienced hands-on individual to join our team and continue our tradition of success. The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind and a proven ability to implement program initiatives and service delivery best practice. And as a technical specialist to lead and mentor the team to support business development activities, to proactively look for work, and to successfully deliver projects, programmes, and products. As a proactive team player, dynamic with a strong talent for delivery & project coordination, you are seeking to build on your experience in a modern agile company.
The scope of work will include:
- Be responsible for managing the contract and ensuring quality of the service delivery to all RHEA clients, liaising between the client, the employees and RHEA Group back office.Prepare documentation (e.g. proposals, response to requests and CCN's).
- Coordinate the kick-off of new contracts, integrating the delivery and reporting requirements into the monthly planning and ensuring the on-site teams are aware of the contractual requirements.
- Perform the financial and technical monitoring of the contracts, highlighting possible risks and areas for improvement.
- Assist in review meetings to communicate technical tasks to the employees to achieve the deliverables.
- Build strong relationships of trust with the client, understanding the technical and organisational challenges they face and identifying possible new business from RHEA Group.
- Be responsible for ensuring the deliverables of the contract are achieved on time.
- Compiling and quality assuring the monthly and quarterly reporting of the service contracts.
- As a technical specialist in Defence and PNT, leading and mentoring the team to deliver successfully.Liaising with the technical staff for timely inputs.Completing all required financial reporting.
- Monitoring the internal and client KPIs.
- Implementing and monitoring the operations management processes.
- Ensuring clear communications with employees, and compliance to internal requirements.
- Reaching out on a regular basis to our employees in more remote locations, ensuring engagement with RHEA Group and managing any questions/concerns they may have.
- Coordinating the performance management programme assisting in the annual performance review process.
- Championing the Health and Safety Programme and RHEA Group's Quality Management System at all locations where employees are based.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of demonstrable experience.
- Technical specialist in Defence Space and PNT preferred.Understanding of modern technologies such as AI/ML, Quantum, Blockchain, Software platform architecture and development, etc.
- Programming experience in Python.
- Exceptional time-management, facilitation and organisational skills.Ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills in MS EXCEL and numerical reasoning.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Proven proposal writing experience.
- Experienced with PMO and service delivery process.
- Willing to travel when required.Fluency in English, both written and spoken.