Cyber Training Manager
Airbus Defence and Space in Newport, South Wales are looking for an experienced Cyber Training Manager to join their busy Cyber division and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK DV level. (Minimum requirement SC)
Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering you will establish and manage a Training, Technical Publications and Logistics department for Airbus Cyber Security UK. Ensure that this department effectively monitors excellent quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of training, technical publications and logistics.
To fulfil its mission, the Training, Technical Publications and Logistics organisation has the following responsibilities:
- Develop training courses for all new equipment/services delivered by Cyber.
- Undertake Training Needs Analysis to identify the most practical and cost effective training solution for the customer.
- Produce a training programme to plan the delivery of training by specific courses for specific personnel at designated locations at specific times.
- Organise and manage Technical Training Instructors to deliver:
- Internal equipment training for all courses for the UK MoD and NCSC.
- Internal training as required to ensure that the business has the relevant trained personnel to deliver all products and solutions.
- Accurately maintain the Cyber Training Service catalogue.
- Introduce and maintain a Cyber skills matrix.
- Undertake an ongoing review of all employee training needs in order to ensure sufficient competently trained personnel are available to meet both customer and business requirements.
- To be the prime interface for training assurance to all customers for all training requirements.
- Ensure that regular audits/reviews of the training organisation and its delivery are carried out to assess course material/media and its update as necessary, evaluation of the feedback information, monitoring of the tasks against performance standards and updating of training records.
- Ensure that customer feedback on the delivery of course is obtained in order to ensure the quality of the course.
- Advise the Sales and Bid Management teams on all Training design processes, ensuring all associated Training costs are taken into consideration.
- Assist in any Training related items involved in Bid work submissions.
- Ensure the quality and timely delivery of all technical documentation from the team and ensure that all technical manual comments are managed, recorded and actioned in a timely manner.
- Offer guidance and support in the development of project operation and maintenance manual strategies.
- Ensure that all technical manuals meet the project standards and requirements.
- Ensure that the team stays abreast of advances in tools and to implement innovative and leading edge solutions in the management of documentation in the customer’s environment.
- Monitor the completion of Stocktaking and Monthly Snap Checks; take appropriate action on receipt of stock discrepancies reports or audit observations.
- Thorough knowledge of training requirements of MoD Contractor Logistics Support Activities.
- Management of an effective supply chain and asset management system for all customer and company owned stock.
Skills and Experience
- Technical knowledge of crypt / key systems.
- Requirements of Technical Publications Military Systems Design, Defence Standards and Environments.
- Awareness of military support skills and capabilities, procedures and requirements (i.e. Defence Standards).
- Knowledge and use of the appropriate Standards: JSP 886, DefStan 00-600 and Defstan 00-41. ILS, Reliability and Maintainability, Training Development, Technical Publications, Configuration Management and Documentation Control, Health and Safety requirements and Product Supportability etc
- Experience in conducting technical training courses within the defence industry.
- Experienced Training Manager / Training co-ordinator including undertaking Training Needs Analysis.
- Experienced in supervisory / line management including people, resources and workload.
In return we can offer a competitive remuneration package; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.