Location: To be based at one of the following sites: Stevenage, Corsham, Chippenham or Portsmouth or Newport - with flexible working policy
Do you want to be part of creating and delivering exciting, up & coming programme lines working on projects that involve highly innovative and cutting edge technologies?
Do you thrive in a role that provides you with autonomy and huge operational variety day to day?
Seeking stability within a profitable, established sector that continues to grow?
We have a rare marketing opportunity among our organisation that truly support its employees with internal mobility and personal development.
The Opportunity we have
The Marketing Team of Secure Communications (SC), working closely with Sales, is looking for a motivated marketing professional to develop and lead impactful marketing campaigns using a combined range of classical and digital tools in a UK defence orientated market. The role will be developing a detailed action plan for the pro-active promotion of the SC capabilities, products and services portfolio; as well as positioning Airbus as the partner of choice for key upcoming defence opportunities.
How will you contribute?
- Supporting the development of the UK Secure Communications business from the marketing side, working closely with the Sales colleagues and service management teams, to develop and execute an evolving marketing plan
- Positioning Airbus as the future partner for UK Defence opportunities, working and engaging with partner companies to develop common messaging and storylines to support specific sales opportunities
- Delivering marketing collaterals / promotional material and the preparation of exhibitions, conferences and webinars in coordination with other Defence and Space marketing and communication teams and external agencies
- Supporting digital marketing campaigns notably by developing content such as written articles and whitepapers
- Through close links with Airbus DS’s Corporate Communications team, he/she also contributes to
- Advertising: select opportunities and contribute to SC advertising plan (yearly), prepare and submit print and online advertisement in line with corporate guidelines.
- Press Relations: prepare articles in market-specific trade press; initiate and support the creation of press releases for SC topics (for trade media or general press); prepare messaging for interviews of SC staff; support organization and content preparation of press events.
- Website: contribute to the content of the SC website, and Airbus.com for those topics relevant to the SC UK business
Who we are looking for?
Individuals with the following qualifications/experience:
- For this position, an understanding of the defence market and how to communicate and market effectively to the target groups would be of an advantage
- More importantly, we are looking for a seasoned marketing professional who is able to handle design, events, leads, PR and internal discussions with both national and international teams and customers with the same level of confidence. The ability to demonstrate a customer centric approach, understanding customer needs and ultimately placing that at the heart of all activities
- You will be working in a matrix organisation and coordinating with multiple stakeholders, so need to be an excellent communicator and strong relationship developer. Building an internal and external network will be essential in daily operations, soft skills will also be an important intangible hiring requirement
- The role is varied and fast-paced with multiple deadlines, so you need to be comfortable with pace and working with a great level of autonomy. Project management skills are indispensable
- Degree level Marketing, Business, Communications, Public Relations or demonstrable experience within a marketing role
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part -time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
The successful candidate will be subject to SC in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.