Location: Stevenage – Flexible working policy – combined office & home working
Seeking a role with involvement on exciting projects within a transnational business?
Wanting a fascinating career with huge room for growth and development?
Are you passionate about supporting and guiding your team to reach their potential whilst working directly with the customer?
Then we want to speak to you!
As a Senior Configuration Manager, you will be reporting directly to the Team Lead for Stevenage and responsible for the support to Projects as required. You will act as an ambassador for CADM topics, championing standards and procedures to internal and external stakeholders.
How will you contribute?
- Produce overall CADM plan / guidance at procedural level
- Deliver on time, on quality and on cost CADM deliverables in your perimeter.
- Represent and promote the added-value of the group externally
- Champion and lead the direction of the CADM team
- Ensure the correct registration and assignment in the Company Tools.
- Correspond with the MoD customer, partners and suppliers in support of Functional PMO activities.
- Monitor Functional efficiency & performance management.
- Support Project end users for all Product Data Management related queries with the assistance of the appropriate functional expert.
- Development and support to all tools and process development, including migration and implementation as required for local Projects.
Co-ordinate, management and administration for your Projects:
- Communication: Responsible to flow down information (from higher management). Facilitate communication within the team (e.g. via regular team get together) and across other teams.
- Coach and Develop: Understand people's aspiration. Foster technical and professional development of the team. Manage goals, manage succession, organise and carry out appraisals, ensure everyone receives regular feedback.
- Training: together with each team members, define development plan and validate training.
- Conflict resolution: Identify Conflict/Issues before they materialise, Address them when they happen.
- Motivating and building team working ethos across the greater team.
This role comes with occasional UK travel
Who are we looking for
- People with strong functional experience within a similar environment - Functional experience, Aerospace, Space, Military, Automotive, Petro-Chemical (any industry with rigorous planning / configuration control or other highly skilled engineering processes).
- Ability to engage with a diverse and international CADM community
- Internal and external document / data management
- Audit support and face to face supplier meetings
- MS Office tools, file / data management tools (Adobe, FTP, Nero)
- Product Data Management tools / Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools such as Windchill
- Project / Business Change Management
Any of the following skills / experience is advantageous, but not essential:
- French / German / Spanish languages
- Sensitive data management
- ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations).
- / classified data handling.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part -time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
The successful candidate will be subject to SC in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.