Mechanical Engineer Degree Apprentice
Apprenticeship 4 years Stevenage, UK
Uploaded 2 Nov 2021
Mechanical Engineer Degree Apprentice
Airbus Defence and Space in Newport, South Wales are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Degree Apprentice to join their Apprenticeship Program through the University of Hertfordshire.
As a Mechanical Engineer based in the department of mechanical analysis, you will work in mechanical stress and dynamic analysis teams or on placement with department internal customers and key stakeholders. You will be contributing to the success of a wide variety of space missions, that range from the highly scientific space exploration of other planets in the form of the ESA EXOMARS Mars Rover mission, to the intensely competitive provision of global telecommunications via the Airbus Defence and Space EUROSTAR 3000 and 3000neo family of spacecraft.
Joining an Airbus Apprenticeship Programme could be the ideal start to your career, just as it has been for many of our Senior Managers today. Our Apprentices receive second to none training, gaining the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to make an immediate contribution when you enter the workforce.
- Proactively seek to broaden your knowledge base, which includes your understanding of space hardware technologies, their purpose and composition.
- In a systems, hardware or components environment, understand the detail principles of mechanical and stress analysis and more broadly of wider design, manufacture and test.
- Build and demonstrate familiarisation with company standards, procedures, processes and work practices through on and off the job training and development.
- Learn the discipline of predominately mechanical analysis, but also according to placements undertaken the influence to and from internal customers and stakeholders.
- Understand the performance of designed, manufactured and tested hardware through activities including mechanical test prediction, preparation, support and assessment.
- Authoring technical documents in particular reports recording and driving the design, development and verification, over the whole or parts of the product lifecycle.
- Due to the funded nature of this Programme, applicants with undergraduate degrees are not eligible.
- UCAS Points - 104
- A-Level - BCC: A levels to include Maths and either Physics or Technology or engineering based subjects excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking
- BTEC – DMM: Engineering BTEC Extended Diploma with a Distinction in the Further Maths unit or equivalent
- Or Equivalent qualifications
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding: Commitment to continue personal development, refreshing and expanding Engineering knowledge through a variety of methods.
- Design and development of processes, systems, services and products: Contributing to the continuing development of Engineering within their domain
- Responsibility, management or leadership: Taking personal responsibility for their actions, Managing projects
- Communication and inter-personal skills: Be able to demonstrate a range of communication styles and methods. Understanding the importance of networks within and across functions.
- Professional commitment: Demonstrating a personal and professional commitment to society, their profession and the environment, adopting a set of values and behaviours that will maintain and enhance the reputation of the profession.
Beyond the qualifications and training you will complete as an Airbus Apprentice, you will also receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Days Holiday and Bank Holidays
- 37 Hour working week
- Independent, 24 hour confidential counselling service
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email [email protected] Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.