Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Oxford, UK
Uploaded 4 Nov 2021
Thales Alenia Space UK are looking for an individual to join their stimulating and fast-paced working environment in a role that reports to the Software and EGSE Engineering Manager, and is technically supported by a team of knowledgeable and experience Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) Engineers. EGSE is the non-flight electrical ground support equipment, used with satellites to test, and validate a flight product; normally a satellite; prior to its launch. This role offers the opportunity contribute to the testing of a satellite before it is launched into Space. Your main responsibility would be to work with the electrical equipment used in satellite testing, throughout the lifecycle of the equipment from design, specification, and procurement through to integration, commissioning and maintenance. The position will be based at the TAS-UK Harwell office.
This position will see you work on a range of satellite projects in varying stages of the project lifecycle, meaning you will be responsible for EGSE design, specification, procurement, integration, commissioning and maintenance throughout their career with TAS-UK.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake the following tasks and responsibilities
- Design and/or specify EGSE (i.e. Power, RF, CCS, TMTC) following the requirement engineering process and taking into account customer level requirements
- Communicate with suppliers during the EGSE procurement process, to evaluate proposals andanswer technical queries, and attend the factory acceptance (FAT) where required
- Review suppliers documentation and RID generation during formal reviews (PDR/CDR)
- Produce EGSE documentation (design reports; user manuals; test procedures; configuration management reports; maintenance and spares plans)
- Perform Integration and Commissioning of the EGSE, before delivery to AIT
- Provide EGSE training to AIT teams
- Liaise with AIT to perform periodic maintenance and calibration of items with EGSE racks as required
- Lead the investigation and resolution of NCR’s relating to EGSE
- Support bid preparation activities and prepare Technical specifications and Statements of Work as required
- Work with the AIT teams to ensure the EGSE is correctly configured for their testing phase
- Prepare the EGSE for transportation, and perform set up and validation on environmental test and launch campaigns
- Around 3 years relevant work experience, preferably in a Space Engineering Environment
- Experience in the maintenance and operation of electrical test equipment and the principles of electrical measurements and test is essential
- Knowledge of one or more satellite subsystems is desirable (Power, Radio Frequency, Command and Control)
- Ideally experience of satellite AIT, or unit level testing, including CCS and other SCOE operation
- Familiarity with relevant ECSS/CCSDS Standards
Other Jobs at Thales Alenia Space
No jobs currently available.