Space Forge is an in-space manufacturing company. We are developing the world’s first fully returnable and recyclable satellite platform to make space work for humanity. Space Forge is transforming return from space to enable new techniques to produce products and services for the benefit of all.
Our new facility in Cardiff is capable of producing and supporting orbital vehicles, specialised manufacturing payloads, vehicle recovery operations and in flight mission support activities.
We are growing rapidly, having grown from 2 people to 26 in 18 months, with plans to double again over the next 12-18 months.
We are looking for someone who can streamline our recruitment process, and put the framework in place to help our team develop into the best it can be.
- To develop and maintain Space Forge’s people development plan and framework
- Streamline and improve our recruitment process
- Develop Space Forge’s HR function from performance management to improving our onboarding.
- Space Forge’s recruitment profile is communicated effectively with a strong pipeline of applicants
- Our development framework for our incredible team members is established and being deployed
- HR processes are established for the team’s needs with individual objectives and performance reviews in place.
Why Space Forge?
We believe in a future where our most polluting industries are moved off planet, built for sustainability, and returned back to Earth for the benefit of all. Space is the next step for our manufacturing needs.
Salary range: £60,000-£75,000 depending on experience
At Space Forge, we believe in creating the best possible workplace that suits every single person that joins us.
- Flexible working environment, work from where you like in the UK unless you need to be in the office, our remote work equipment is high spec too
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Charity or cause you’re passionate about? Up to 5 volunteering days a year to support the things closest to you and make an impact
- Super cool brand new office and factory - the coffee is on us (and it’s certified carbon neutral too, our snazzy machine does anything from the humble americano to a superb flat white)
- Pizza pay day - okay, it’s not always pizza, but if you’re at the office on pay day, lunch is on us
- We’re changing the way humanity builds, we think that’s exciting, and we want you to be excited about it too. That’s why we have an Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP) so you can own part of our journey
- You’re the master of your own destiny. We offer every person at Space Forge their own personal development budget so you can choose the training or experiences to help you grow
- Working with a passionate, friendly and highly motivated team
- Maternity / Paternity benefits beyond statutory
- Our inclusive culture, celebrating failure and success, fairness, respect and honesty.
- Excellent communicator with high emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Bias for action - willing to iterate in a rapidly scaling company on process and approach
- Commercially astute with workable knowledge of employment law
- Ability to manage the data on our HR platform and lead performance reviews
- Ability to compile and glean insights from data
- Expertise in the space or other high tech industry
- Experience in a high-growth start-up environment
- Cross-disciplinary working environment background such as engineering
- Experience in working across different timezones, countries and cultures.