Space Forge is an in-space manufacturing company. We’re building the world’s first fully returnable and relaunchable satellite platform. Why? To make materials in space impossible to create on Earth. When returned to our planet we can reduce energy consumption by 60%, improve the speed and efficiency of data transfer, through to preventing gigatonnes of CO2 from ever being created.
We are looking for an Office Assistant to help super-charge our facility operations as we develop our space manufacturing facilities in Cardiff.
The primary roles for this job are:
- Supporting the Office Manager with day-to-day office operations
- Welcoming visitors to our satellite manufacturing facility
- Assisting with administrative duties
- Assisting with purchasing and reconciliation of office-related expenses and related invoices
- Maintaining stock registers and managing supply levels
- Performing receptionist duties when needed
- Assisting with proactive and reactive office maintenance
- Working closely with the Office Manager to plan office social events and engagement initiatives
Salary expectation: £18,000 to £23,000 dependant upon experience
At Space Forge, we believe in creating the best possible workplace that suits every single person that joins us.
- Flexible working environment, work from where you like in the UK unless you need to be in the office, our remote work equipment is high spec too
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Charity or cause you’re passionate about? Up to 5 volunteering days a year to support the things closest to you and make an impact
- Super cool brand new office and factory - the coffee is on us (and it’s certified carbon neutral too, our machine does anything from the humble americano to a superb flat white)
- Pizza pay day - okay, it’s not always pizza, but if you’re at the office on pay day, lunch is on us
- We’re changing the way humanity builds, we think that’s exciting, and we want you to be excited about it too. That’s why we have an Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP) so you can own part of our journey
- You’re the master of your own destiny. We offer every person at Space Forge their own personal development budget so you can choose the training or experiences to help you grow
- Working with a passionate, friendly and highly motivated team
- Maternity / Paternity benefits beyond statutory
- Our inclusive culture, celebrating failure and success, fairness, respect and honesty.
The Space Forge team is deliberately made from individuals who are adaptable and willing to learn new skills quickly. Therefore we are looking for an Office Assistant who has some of the skills and experience given below, and a demonstrated ability to learn the rest as fast as possible. Additionally as a start-up, staff are sometimes asked to assist with duties beyond their nominal job description and we are looking for candidates who are happy to step up and try something new when needed.
- Great communicator, able to build relationships quickly, inside and out of the office;
- Comfortable with changing requirements - we’re a startup and often priorities will change quickly;
- Highly organised;
- Problem solver, able to be given a new task and find a way to sort it out;
- Good at balancing a workload, with lots of competing priorities;
- Persistent and hard working
- Working as a Receptionist, PA or Office Assistant for a startup
- Experience with stock control and management
- Experience of health and safety, marketing, or procurement
- Experience of working with hardware engineering teams
- Experience with Slack, Asana and Google Workspace as productivity tools.
We are looking for people who are willing to work hard, think logically, have high energy levels, respect others’ abilities and ultimately have an unending appetite to learn a large number of new skills quickly. Space Forge is committed to making super-powered teams of diverse individuals in all senses of the term, therefore women are strongly encouraged to apply and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.