As the UK’s national student space society, we support students and young professionals across the country by running events, providing resources, and teaching new skills. Joining UKSEDS is the best way to get involved in the space sector as a student. You’ll gain all sorts of skills and experience, and have the chance to work with lots of space organisations and members of the community. Most importantly, you’ll get to work with other like-minded students to achieve something incredible, and have fun while you do!
The Events and Projects team is one of UKSEDS’ newer teams. As a result, there are many opportunities to take part in, from planning and running space-related events to collaborating with industry professionals to organise new and exciting projects. Many exciting initiatives will be taking place in the next few months; this is a great time to join the Events and Projects Team!
General activities include:
- Event planning and logistics.
- Managing relationships with external collaborators.
- Attending virtual and in-person events to run and supervise them.
- Organising long-term projects and initiatives for students interested in space.
UKSEDS is run by 100+ volunteers from all across the UK. None of us are paid, but we all want to make a difference. We work remotely, communicating through Slack and holding online meetings on Google Meet. For this role, you will be expected to dedicate around 8 hours per week. Alongside working, there are opportunities to chat informally with other volunteers and join online social events.
Our aims to educate and develop young people contribute to our vision of a growing and diverse workforce in the UK space sector. Everyone brings their own unique viewpoint and ideas to our team which enables us to work towards this vision together. When you’re working with us, we’re keen to ensure you’re comfortable by facilitating any extra measures you might need and to provide you with opportunity after opportunity to develop yourself.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working remotely, is highly motivated, and works well in a team environment. Working with UKSEDS should be something that you enjoy doing. We don’t need you to be studying for a STEM degree, all you need is an interest in space!
If at any point, for any reason, you can’t do the role, that’s fine. We are students too, and we appreciate that exams, deadlines, and life often get in the way of volunteer roles like these. We will work with you to deal with these issues.
- Pro-active approach to tight deadlines.
- Comfortable with working remotely.
- Be a member of UKSEDS (it is free - ukseds.org/join) [To be eligible to volunteer you must be over 18 and be studying or working at a UK-based institution or have been in the last 3 years]
- Experience with UKSEDS branches and how they operate.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Be enthusiastic about promoting space through fun and creative outreach opportunities.
Other Jobs at UKSEDS
No jobs currently available.