Business Development Manager
Direct Entry Job Permanent Edinburgh, Remote, UK
Uploaded 13 Jan 2022
About Trade in Space
Trade in Space is an award-winning and rapidly expanding technology start-up. We’ve created processes which integrate remote sensing data into smart-contract applications within agricultural supply chains, meaning we work across fintech, agri-tech and satellite applications development spaces. We’re productising our technology into new and previously impossible services with the support of major clients around the world.
To make the future global trade in soft commodities more ethical, sustainable, and easier through the provision of ‘Transactionable Insights’
About The Role
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with business development staff, the Business Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a market engagement plan that delivers orders, revenue, margin, and market impact in accordance with the aims and objectives of the business. This means that you’ll be working at the forefront of Trade in Space’s business growth, working with management and the team to build client relationships and broker sales. Trade in Space has major growth aspirations and you will be joining the company at the start of this cycle, with the opportunity to make this role your own.
Day to day tasks will involve stakeholder engagement across the Agri–food system. You will have a passion for Agri-tech and technologies that are ambitious in changing the world. You will be commercially driven, with excellent communication and personnel skills. Your role will be to continue the development, delivery, and longer-term growth of the company strategic priorities supporting Trade in Space to build compelling cases for sales.
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to drive Trade in Space forward. To succeed in this role, we need you to:
• Working with the CEO and fellow business development staff to develop and implement the strategic vision and strategy of the business through engaging with communities across the agricultural sector, understanding customer challenges and translating user requirements into sales.
• Development of strong partner relationships that maximises commercial exploitation opportunities for Trade in Space
• Alignment of business development activities with market opportunities to secure high impact commercial and research activities
• Explore international opportunities to assess the scale and impact attainable of international agricultural challenges and select appropriate solutions
• Communication with colleagues across the business to ensure customer needs shape the organisation’s response.
• Identification of opportunities to improve customer engagement and systems to ensure the delivery of excellent customer experience.
• Monitoring and reporting on performance, identifying areas for concern and taking remedial actions where necessary.
• Working collaboratively across the business to enhance innovation and creativity.
• Positively contribute to the companies culture
• Full-time, permanent. 40 hours per week.
• Salary Range £23 – 30,000
• Location: Trade in Space operates a remote working culture. The successful individual should be UK based and be available to travel to Edinburgh for company meetings when required. Travel expenses will be made available.
• A supply of coffee for home.
• Company Pension Scheme.
• Flexible working patterns and hours that work around your needs.
• Training and personal development opportunities.
• Contribution toward WFH expenses.
• A supportive working environment
Is this you? Send us a CV and covering letter to [email protected]. Applications will close on 23rd January, or prior if a suitable candidate is found. Selected candidates will be invited for a virtual interview. Where required, a second interview (virtual or in-person) will be requested.
• A sales professional, highly experienced in Business Development with extensive UK and international experience.
• Proven experience in developing and delivering strategies that have delivered significant revenue.
• Have experience of software service application sales, with knowledge of technical development considerations being a bonus.
• Experienced in direct and indirect business development, customer, and client relationships, negotiating skills, commercial management, and strategic planning.
• Demonstrable agriculture/ supply chain market expertise and proven experience in developing strategies that have deliver significant revenue.
• Effective team player with strong communication skills and the ability to influence and negotiate.
• Experience in setting a marketing strategy and coordinating activities.
• Have experience of maintaining and extracting value from CRM data.
• Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to anticipate change and adapt to new situations and exploit opportunities.
• Customer focused with a strong track record of placing customer needs at the heart of decision making.
• Work with our development team to manage product delivery, and provide CRM data to support decision making in new product development.
• Aptitude for open and collaborative working.
• Experience of R&D proposal development and working in partnership/consortia settings.
• Knowledge of a range of satellite managing instrumentation and platform technologies.
• Knowledge of blockchain or other distributed ledger technologies
• Led or leading involvement in successful project delivery.
• Good financial management skills.
• Willing to travel both within the UK and Globally as required.
• Ability to speak additional languages