Exobotics (XOB) is a startup company based in London, Cambridge and Cornwall, UK that is lowering barriers to entry in terms of cost, skill, and time required to explore space. Our long term goal is to make the Moon and beyond as accessible and economical as low-Earth orbit. With a diverse and experienced team, XOB develops small-satellite subsystems, platforms, software and ground support equipment that is uniquely scalable, modular and tuned for the challenge of operation in a space environment.
- Responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of electronics for key flight components including on-board-computers, batteries, radios, cameras and communications.
- Review of existing designs and proposals for quality assurance
- Technical documentation of hardware to appropriate standards
- Test procedure design and programming
- Participate in customer discussions during specification and qualification
- Ownership and responsibility for individual projects in the context of a larger ecosystem.
- Analogue, digital and power electronics
In particular, we are looking for individuals who are capable of taking ownership of a project and seeing it to completion through initial specification up to final testing and delivery.
Reference ID: XOB-APP-ELEC-56
Email us at [email protected] to apply quoting the reference ID above.
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £40,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
The role is aimed primarily at on-board electronic hardware but will involve selected ground-side hardware for radio communication. The growth of the company means that this position is likely to evolve over time and that there will be significant opportunities for new projects, career advancement and role progression.
The following are required:
- First-class masters degree or above in the field. Equivalent technical qualifications will be considered.
- 3-5 years experience in the field or a history of exceptional achievement in related fields.
- Fluent in English at a professional level
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Clear and consistent communication skills
The following are a plus but are not all required:
- Experience in the space sector.
- Knowledge of embedded software development
- Knowledge of qualification testing including electrical, mechanical, structural, thermal, vibration and EMC/EMI.
- Knowledge of FPGA design
- Knowledge of power electronics
- Knowledge of analogue/digital electronics simulation.
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of communications protocols such as CAN, SPI, I2C and UART
- Knowledge of quality assurance and the value of clear communication
- Knowledge of test-driven development
- Practical experience in debugging hardware applications