AIT (Assembly, Integration & Test) Technician
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire, UK
Uploaded 26 Feb 2022
Working in the AOCS, Mechanical & AIT Team
This team is the workshop for Open Cosmos satellite missions! We provide engineering support during the design phase then actually build and test the satellite - it doesn’t get much cooler than this!
What will you be doing?
Building and testing our satellites is at the heart of an AIT Technicians job - awesome right?! You’ll also integrate the satellites into the launcher ready for the journey into space!
Throughout the AIT campaign you will not only be assembling the satellite, but also supporting prototyping and modifications of electronics boards and harnesses.
Our satellites need to be able to survive in space with minimal input from the ground so functional and environmental testing are key to success!
You will also support aspects relating to quality and stock management, keeping clear and appropriate documentation. Throughout all stages you are engaging with colleagues from R&D and AIT departments.
What you need to be successful
- You’ll use your skills of mechanical and electrical assemblies, ideally drawing from experience in the space or defence sector.
- You have a strong knowledge of soldering to high standards
- You know how to create harnesses, do crimpings and route harnesses into complex assemblies.
- You know the practical implications of working in a clean room environment
- You’ll be pro-active and curious in your approach to work, always looking for more effective ways of doing things