Quality and Product Assurance Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Hybrid, Oxfordshire, UK
Uploaded 26 Feb 2022
Working in the Operations Team
The Operations team is in charge of the delivery of our space mission services using the technologies developed in house by the Tech team, and externally by our key partners and suppliers.
What will you be doing?
As quality and product assurance engineer at Open Cosmos you will drive the whole lifecycle of process creation and improvement to develop and produce space hardware and software for the high performance Open Cosmos space missions.
As QPA engineer you will also have a direct impact in the production and supply chain aspects and will support the industrialisation of the new generation of small satellites.
You will work with multiple internal and external stakeholders, establishing cross-department processes and synergies.
We are looking for a technical, hands on and pragmatic person that is passionate about continuous improvement and pushing the boundaries, and shares our values and vision.
What you need to be successful
- You’ll have knowledge of quality management systems applied to the space sector
- You’ll have knowledge of how to apply ECSS standards and ISO9001 practically
- You’ll be able to identify and take quantified risks and make decisions in a fast-changing environment so we can satisfy the customer needs
- Excellent people management skills and technical know-how on complex products that can directly relate to space/satellites
- Ability to operate autonomously, self-directed and self-motivate
- Use a combination of logic, analysis and past experiences to solve problems effectively