Flight Software Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell, Oxfordshire, UK
Uploaded 26 Feb 2022
Working in the Avionics Team
The Avionics team is the powerhouse of Open Cosmos’s satellite flight software, power, communications and on board computer subsystems. We provide various support around the business in these key areas getting in on the action relating to bids, product, flight ops and customers.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be at the centre of developing, implementing and testing software both on land and in orbit, ensuring Open Cosmos stays on top of technical advancements and maximises the use of technology throughout it’s software development life cycle.
You will also work on advanced on board processing and operational optimisations of the satellite fleet via automation and on board resource management, AI data processing, network optimisation, power usage optimisation, and advanced recovery scenarios.
You’ll be working with stakeholders around the business as well as taking an active role in developing your own skills. Will have worked and can show demonstrable skills in various aspects of the software project life cycle.
What you need to be successful
- We work with both agile and V-model so applied knowledge of these are essential!
- Strong knowledge of an object orientated programming language, such as C++, Java, Rust.
- A background of low level C development would be an advantage for certain projects.
- Comfortable working exclusively within a Linux-based development environment, and developing for linux platforms.
- Ability to work as part of a software team where it is important your work can be understood by other team members.
- Applied knowledge of working with automated testing and CI/CD.
- You’ll need to bring your creativity - we’re at the forefront of innovation with a huge vision for the future!
Other Jobs at Open Cosmos
- AIT (Assembly, Integration & Test) Engineer, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- AIT (Assembly, Integration & Test) Technician, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- EMEA Business Development Director, Remote, Oxfordshire
- Quality and Product Assurance Engineer, Hybrid, Oxfordshire
- Project Manager (space mission), Remote, Oxfordshire