Space Software Engineer (Ground Segment)
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell, UK
Uploaded 8 Apr 2022
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Deimos Space UK is looking for a talented and experienced Ground Segment software engineer to work on a wide variety of projects from conceptual design through implementation in our Ground Systems team in Oxford.
The team works on a range of projects across the Ground Systems domain, creating systems for controlling and monitoring spacecraft and processing the data they produce (for example images of the Earth from space). Some projects improve and deploy existing software in the Deimos GS4EO suite, which is deployed operationally to many ground segments for different missions. Other missions involve spacecraft monitoring the sun, and innovative new instruments for weather satellites. You will be providing technical expertise in designing and implementing software (mostly in C++ and python).
As part of this team, you would be responsible for the implementation, integration and validation of ground segment software.
We believe in delivering great engineering products and services, team work and continuous improvement. For a self-motivated individual with a strong background in Aerospace, Maths, Physics or Software Engineering, this is an opportunity to make a real difference.
- Implementation, integration and validation of ground segment software including simulators, prototypes and operational systems.
- Interacting with the customer for specification, design, development, validation and maintenance of the software.
- Periodically report the technical status to the project managers and contribute in a proactive and collaborative manner to the success of the projects
A university degree in a relevant discipline with evidence of continuing professional development.
We would welcome problem solving experience including developing or using software tools. Any scientific data processing or signal processing software experience would be an asset.
- Some programming experience
- Some understanding of Maths/Physics
- Knowledge of a variety of programming languages
- Software engineering methods and techniques and tools (such as for version control, build and deployment).
- Experience in developing or using computer simulations of real-world systems, or in analysis of data.
- Knowledge of image/signal processing techniques would be considered an asset.
Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Comfortable with change and able to react to new priorities
Other Jobs at DEIMOS Space
No jobs currently available.