Atheras Analytics is a UK-based company, founded in August 2020 to commercialise research that has been conducted over several years into the effects of atmospheric/weather impairments on Ka-band and Q/V-band satellite links.
The Company has developed a suite of SaaS-based software tools that enables satellite operators to optimise the design and operation of their next-generation Ka-band and Q/V-band satellite networks taking into account atmospheric/weather impairments (in particular rainfall) specific to their region(s) of operation. The core of these tools is an AIbased Outage Prediction Algorithm (OPA) that has been developed from a series of atmospheric attenuation measurements at Ka-band and Q/V-band frequencies taken at multiple locations across Europe over a period of several years and employs advanced machine learning techniques, including neural networks, to train the Outage Prediction Algorithm (OPA) for multiple different operational scenarios.
Main Purpose and Scope of Job
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer, on a contract or permanent basis, to support us in building functional systems that improve the customer experience of our principal SaaS products which are:
• Satellite Network Design Tool
• Satellite Network Management Tool; and
• UTOPiA – our User Terminal Outage Prediction Algorithm.
Further information on these tools can be found on our website at
The DevOps Engineer will work alongside our product development team, which includes software and machine learning engineers, and our clients which include some of the world’s largest commercial satellite operators. Our tech stack is built around Python and React, we use both SQL and No-SQL databases and Message Queuing services. Our SaaS products are deployed on OpenShift Kubernetes clusters all currently hosted on IBM cloud.
The incumbent will be responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet our customers' needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with Ruby or Python, we’d love to speak with you. ensuring the highest quality of the end-to-end product and a high degree of engagement with our customers to ensure that our products meet their needs and are seamlessly integrated into their operational systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The principal duties and responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer include:-
1. Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
2. Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
3. Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
4. Developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, code comment and clear code to document and demonstrate solutions
5. Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
6. Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
7. Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
8. Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
9. Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
10. Working in multi-disciplinary teams to prepare and review user stories and tasks
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
1. Deploy updates and fixes
2. Provide Level 2 technical support
3. Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
4. Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
5. Perform root cause analysis for production errors
6. Investigate and resolve technical issues
7. Develop scripts to automate visualization
8. Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
Salary level: £45,000 - £55,000 per year based on candidate’s experience. Employee share option scheme.
Place of work: Atheras Analytics has an office and “hot-desk” facility on the Harwell Campus near Oxford, UK, but it is expected that the principal place of work will be the incumbent’s home with face-to-face meetings with colleagues and customers as required.
Commencement date: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV and a covering letter/email to
Skills and Experience Required
In order to be able to successfully fulfil these responsibilities it is expected that the DevOps Engineer will be strongly results orientated, have excellent inter-personal, customer communication skills and have good knowledge, skills and experience in several (or all!) of the following areas:-
• BSc or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar relevant field
• Experience as a DevOps Engineer
• Proficient with git and git workflows
• Working experience with cloud development technologies
• Working experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Working experience with git code versioning tool
• Good knowledge of Ruby or Python
• Working knowledge of databases and SQL
• Problem-solving attitude
• Collaborative team spirit
• Experience with relational and non-relational databases
• Understanding of agile principles and methodologies
• Ownership and pride in the work
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of SEO principles (Desirable)
Other Jobs at Atheras Analytics
No jobs currently available.