Lúnasa is seeking a GNC engineer who will support the development with definition, design, analysis, and implementation of the GNC architecture related to the satellite rendezvous proximity operations and docking (RPOD) mission, powered by the intelligent visual-based GNC system in-development at Lúnasa. The successful applicant will be involved from early stages in the definition and analysis of the GNC system requirements for Lúnasa’s in-orbit servicing vehicle, including close proximity and docking applications. The successful applicant will oversee the development of the GNC architecture throughout its lifetime, including verification & validation (V&V) aspects.
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in developing GNC systems for satellites.
- Deep understanding of spacecraft GNC architectures.
- Deep knowledge of AOCS sensors and actuators and able to model and simulate satellite control systems.
- Good understanding of linear and non-linear control theory.
- Understanding of validation & verification (V&V) processes used for GNC system.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work in a start-up environment with tight schedules.
- Familiarity with ECSS standards.
- Excellent technical communications skills (written/verbal)
Education and work experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in Space Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related disciplines.