Satellite Communications Technician
Direct Entry Job Permanent Bordon, UK
Uploaded 20 May 2022
Hours: 40.7 average hours per week, working 12-hour day shifts across 365 days per year, 24 hours per day rota.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Shift Technician to join our existing team to be based at TCS Oakhanger in Bordon. Within this role you will be responsible for the configuration and real time operation of a variety of satellite ground and communication systems. You will also manage the performance of routine maintenance, system checks and tests, and fault troubleshooting / rectification. You will be trained to provide flawless, uninterrupted satellite support whilst providing Subject Matter Expertise and leadership as required. Finally, working with your allocated Shift to achieve continuity and support to any mission site issues. As part of this role we offer comprehensive site training program for successful candidate with a dedicated Training Supervisor.
- Comply with the Serco Management Systems, UK, Europe and TCS policies / procedures
- Operate the ARTS, RBC/Hybrid and COMM systems as directed by the Shift Supervisor or Chief of Operations (COO). Reporting directly to the Shift Supervisor.
- Carry out or assist with planned maintenance activities and system troubleshooting as required.
- Provide technical expertise in fault finding during corrective maintenance activities.
- Will act as Senior person in area when required and check and report all events to the Duty Supervisor.
- If requested by the Duty Supervisor or COO deputize for the Senior Technician in their absence.
- Carry out planned maintenance in accordance with information from the site’s PMI database.
- Document all maintenance activity in accordance with site procedures in electronic and paper form.
- Will participate in the 24/7 365 shift pattern working 12-hour shifts.
- Carry out Risk assessment and Planned General Inspections as required.
- Carry out any task within the skillset of a Technician or Operator
- Willing to work overtime as and when required. By consent.
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters – delivering essential services that touch people’s lives
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You’ll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You’ll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, but everyone also has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), Serco Embrace (Multicultural), Serco Unlimited (Disability) and [email protected] (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
What you need to do the job:
- GCSE Grade C Maths and English.
- ONC or BTEC Level 3 Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
- Willing to work towards CompTIA Network+.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft MS packages.
- Ability to achieve SC (Security Clearance).
- Full Driving Licence and a willingness to drive company vehicles.
- Willing to become Crypto Authorised.
- Willing to become a rescue climber.