Space Services 12 Month Placement
Internship 1 year Alton, Hampshire, UK
Uploaded 26 May 2022
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starting placement student, who is interested in applications of space technology, software configuration and administration, service design and service delivery management. You will be working closely with the ground segment, operations and system engineering teams to ensure the mission requirements are met.
You will be work as part of our space services team to deliver services to a variety of customers including institutional, academic and commercial organisations. You will also provide support to In-Space colleagues using our service infrastructure and tools. You will be involved in administrating service software applications, assisting with the production of training materials, producing reports on service performance and identifying and implementing service improvements.
You will report to the Space Services Manager and work with them to prioritise and manage workload. Although the primary responsibilities of this placement involve supporting the delivery of space services to customers, you may occasionally be asked to participate in other projects as required by the business.
On joining In-Space, you will complete a 6-week training period during which you will become familiar with the services In-Space offer to customers, the service processes and service tools.
To succeed in this placement role, you will require logical thinking, numerical fluency, and an interest in how to make space services work for customers, a willingness to learn and the ability two work with others to identify and resolve technical issues.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing dashboards and reports on service metrics
and KPI's to validate that we are delivering services to a
high standard and within contractual obligations.
- Logging and tracking actions through to completion.
- Updating existing process documents to reflect agreed
changes and communicating changes to stakeholders.
- Ensuring process documents are reviewed on schedule.
- Administration and configuration of service
management software (JIRA) including user on-
boarding, project admin, updating fields, workflows and
- Troubleshooting issues with service management
- Contributing to user documentation and producing
training materials for customers and internal users of
- Administration of service CMDB (Configuration
- Assistance with service forecasting, budget estimation
and comparison with actuals.
- Supporting quality improvement initiatives for the
business and services.
- Keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
- Identifying opportunities for improving the customer
experience, reducing costs or increasing efficiency.
You will report into the Space Services Manager and your work will be prioritized in discussion with them.