Graduate Project Manufacturing Engineer
Graduate Position 2 years Guildford, UK
Uploaded 26 May 2022
Our Graduate Programme is a great opportunity to expand on the skills and knowledge gained through your degree whilst developing on-the-job experience, to build a career in Engineering.
The Graduate Programme is a two year programme, in which you will receive training and mentoring by some of our most experienced employees, whilst being involved in real time projects.
You will be working within the Project Manufacturing Engineering team and will be involved in:
- Observing team level policies and procedures to ensure consistent and coherent team output, in line with SSTL approach.
- Attending Project peer reviews (Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Layout/Mechanical/Manufacturing Readiness (MRR)) & liaise with stakeholders to ensure team policies, procedures & where applicable relevant standards compliance is adhered to and Design for Manufacture (DFM) is considered.
- Generating and maintaining one or multiple Project manufacturing requirement plan(s)
- Resolving production capacity clashes internally &/or move production to external manufacturing
- Providing engineering support during NPI & product development phases, ensuring plant & processes are in place, either in-house or within the sub-contract supply chain.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Competent problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Team player with good communication skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and in a busy environment
- Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Applications from graduates in the following subjects and disciplines are encouraged:
- Production Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
The deadline for this position has passed