Mechanical Analysis Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Culham, UK
Uploaded 26 May 2022
Reaction Engines is looking for multiple high calibre individuals to fulfil Mechanical Analysis/Structural Engineer roles, to conduct structural and thermal analysis, and support mechanical integrity testing of novel technology products and systems.
The work that the Mechanical Analysis team carries out is dynamic and fast paced, providing each team member with the opportunity to contribute across a range of projects. The candidate must be able to integrate with the project and function teams and across the company whilst also being confident when working independently.
They will work closely with peers, seniors, partners, and customers so good communication skills are vital. This opportunity would suit an engineer wanting to develop their knowledge and skills in this discipline whilst working on innovative and stimulating technology projects.
- Familiar with fundamental structural analysis principles as applied to lightweight structures and/or pressure vessels, either from recent study or industry experience
- Must be able to follow and carry out basic engineering hand calculations
- Experience of a commercial structural Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software package
- Proficient in the use of Windows and MS Office
- Delivered presentations of technical work to reviewers
- Basic stress analysis hand-calculations for sizing structures and pressurised equipment
- Altair Hyperworks or Ansys Mechanical Workbench/APDL
- Heat transfer analysis
- Experience of CAD
- Application of industry codes, standards or certification process (e.g. ASME, ECSS)
- Weld design, analysis or qualification
- Analysis of turbomachinery and/or heat exchanger products
- Advanced manufacturing methods such as additive manufacturing
- Thermal transient, fatigue, fracture mechanics, creep or vibration assessments
- High temperature materials and prediction of high/low temperature failure modes
- Instrumentation and testing of structural details and components
- Industry experience of research and development prototype design