Embedded Software Test Engineer (White Box Testing)
Direct Entry Job Permanent Forres, UK
Uploaded 26 May 2022
The position includes all parts of a traditional software tester’s tasks list. In collaboration with software architect and developers, the focus of the responsibility will be:
• Write the software test specifications needed to qualify the software.
• Making sure all requirements are tracked and documented.
• Execute the software tests, primarily white-box testing with in-depth code reviews and making changes.
• Document all aspects of the tests.
• Offer advice on solutions to problems.
Applicants preferred have:
• Software Engineering or similar education.
• Experience as a white box testing Software, ideally for both embedded and application software (we primarily work in Embedded C, C++ and Python)
• Experience with mission critical software from either the Space, Transport, Medical or similar industry with strong requirements for quality of the software solutions.
• Experience with respect to documentation requirements, ideally from a mission critical or for high reliability software.
• Several years of experience in documentation of software tests.