Orbex are currently seeking experienced Hardware Engineer, ideally with strong electronics understanding for space or aeronautical hardware. You will work in our Forres facility, supporting avionics test & development, as well as the in the support of test facilities for the Orbex Prime launch vehicle and its ground support systems. Part of this work is outdoor at our test site at the former RAF base at Kinloss.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of hardware interfaces and test equipment.
- Design and construction of data acquisition and control systems
- Building aircraft-style wiring harnesses for sensors and valves
- Sensor calibration, in circuit work and soldering (IPC certification ideal)
- Light metal work for prototype and test setup construction.
- A mixture of theoretical electronics work and more hands on, practical problem solving.
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s or masters degree in electronics engineering.
- 2 or more years of experience with electronics hardware, ideally in a high reliability industry such as aerospace.
- Detail-oriented and methodical working style.
- Professional soldering expertise, including SMD (ESA/ IPC certification favorable).
- Programming experience is an advantage, particularly in Python.
- Technical documentation writing in English.
- Driver’s license