Hardware Engineer (Sensor Electronics)
Direct Entry Job Permanent Forres, UK
Uploaded 26 May 2022
Orbex are currently seeking an experienced Hardware Engineer to work on the sourcing, design and integration of sensors for our prime launch vehicle. You will need a strong electronics understanding, ideally for space or aeronautical hardware/telemetry. You will be designing hardware with a mixture of discrete off the shelf components and in house designs, supporting qualification and integration of these sensors, as well as the in the support of test facilities for the Orbex Prime launch vehicle and its ground support systems.
Part of this work is outdoor at our test site at the former RAF base at Kinloss.
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s or masters degree in electronics engineering.
- Experience of electronics and hardware design, ideally in a high-reliability industry such as aerospace.
- Experience of a sensors and/or telemetry devices
- Detail-oriented, low-level electronics design, component selection and taking a systems-level view of the onboard electronics.
- Professional soldering expertise, including SMD (ESA/ IPC certification favorable) would be a benefit.
- Programming experience is an advantage, particularly in Python.
- Technical documentation writing in English.
- Experience designing test equipment or conducting environmental testing would be desirable but not essential.