Direct Entry Job Permanent London Area/Remote, UK
Uploaded 31 May 2022
SAVVY Media are working with one of the world’s foremost magazines in their sector, serving a global audience with their interests at heart.
Their client is seeking a highly experienced; fluent; and managerially adept reporter and journalist to lead on commissioning; editing; and publishing news in a highly specialised area, managing a varied team and collaborating closely with digital and arts teams.
£40,000-60,000 per annum, negotiable.
About the company
SAVVY Media is a digital and media recruitment agency in London.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive experience in journalism and news reporting, as well as editing news stories in a respected publication nationally or internationally.
- STEM degree
- Experience as a line manager.
- Comprehensive science/tech knowledge, with a particular interest in a number of specialist subjects and expertise in those fields’ current issues, advances and big questions.
- Knowledge of UK libel laws and digital journalism.
- The ability to spot a PR exercise, or poorly-designed experiment.
- A keen eye for detail, and the ability to edit copy to high standards without subbing.
- A strong feel for what does or doesn’t work online.
- Excellent time management skills and comfortable meeting tight deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams under time pressure.
- A passionate interest in science, technology, and health.
- A particular focus on a specific area of the aforementioned.
- Conscientious and responsible, with good editorial judgement.
- A talent for juggling multiple priorities.
Other Jobs at SAVVY Media
No jobs currently available.