Direct Entry Job Permanent Hybrid, Oxfordshire, UK
Uploaded 15 Jun 2022
Leading the mechanical design of our satellites is at the heart of the Mechanical Engineer's job. You will be doing system level structural analysis using Patran/Nastran, MSC Apex, Ansys or similar and using your knowledge of manufacturing processes to aid design for manufacturing. You will also lead the structural analysis and testing of flight and engineering hardware.
The role is broad and you will get involved with testing satellites, supporting quality processes as well as developing and mentoring other team members.
- You'll have solid mechanical design skills with the ability to take concepts to drawing for manufacture, knowledge in GD&T using ISO 1101, 2692 & 5458 or ASME Y14.5
- Strong practical understanding of each stage in the product lifecycle
- Strong understanding of working in the space sector, particularly relating to space systems and micro vibrations on spacecraft
- You’ll be pro-active and curious in your approach to work, always looking for more effective ways of doing thing
Other Jobs at Open Cosmos
- AIT (Assembly, Integration & Test) Engineer, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- AIT (Assembly, Integration & Test) Technician, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- EMEA Business Development Director, Remote, Oxfordshire
- Quality and Product Assurance Engineer, Hybrid, Oxfordshire
- Project Manager (space mission), Remote, Oxfordshire