Electronics Team Lead
Direct Entry Job Permanent Hybrid, Oxfordshire, UK
Uploaded 15 Jun 2022
Working in the Electronics Team
The Electronics team works closely with the flight software team who are jointly responsible for designing, integration and maintenance of electronics and software for the entire satellite. As a multi-disciplined team we see exposure to every technical challenge presented by the satellite development ranging from power electronics, digital & analog design, digital & RF communications.
What will you be doing?
You will have strong skills in electronics hardware development with a good grounding in embedded software development.
You will be assisting in the design and development of future missions and the new solutions which need to be developed. This means you get to work within the entire development life cycle.
Defining electrical system architecture against requirements and technical capabilities, you will work within all areas of electronics design development, part definition and generation, schematic entry, PCB layout, Embedded code generation, development testing/debug and verification.
This is a truly broad and diverse role for someone to apply and build on their current skills in an ever changing and challenging environment!
- You'll be leading the electronics team so you'll be confident leading others and designing processes and procedures
- You’ll be confident in a multidisciplinary capacity focused on embedded electronics and electronics hardware design
- You’ll be communicating a lot, so be confident in speaking, listening and writing with colleagues and other stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- You’ll have a strong understanding of quality and how to apply this when generating and controlling design requirements
- You’ll have a good appreciation for EMC & EMI design mitigations and test methodologies
- You’ll have the ability to use CAD tools such as Altium or KiCad for schematic and layout generation.
Other Jobs at Open Cosmos
- AIT (Assembly, Integration & Test) Engineer, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- AIT (Assembly, Integration & Test) Technician, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- EMEA Business Development Director, Remote, Oxfordshire
- Quality and Product Assurance Engineer, Hybrid, Oxfordshire
- Project Manager (space mission), Remote, Oxfordshire