Project Manager (space mission)
Direct Entry Job Permanent Remote, Oxfordshire, UK
Uploaded 15 Jun 2022
Working in the Operations Team
The Operations team drives the delivery of our space mission services, connecting the technologies developed in house by the Tech team, the requirements from our customers and the tools and support of external key partners and suppliers.
What will you be doing?
You will be leading the delivery of Open Cosmos space mission projects, in time and within the project budget, managing the whole project lifecycle. From capturing customer drivers and requirements to planning the successful project execution by defining timelines, allocating resources, identifying risks and using Open Cosmos’ technologies and services to satisfy customer expectations.
You will interface with customers and the mission stakeholders, Open Cosmos’ technical and commercial teams, partners and suppliers. You will contribute to the design of the mission alongside the systems engineering and mission operations teams.
You will oversee the selection and execution of building blocks, from launch service providers to ground segment infrastructure providers and all the regulatory landscape that frames the delivery of our services.
- You'll have strong, practical knowledge of project management and how it applies to space mission projects
- A technical background based on complex products that can directly relate to space/satellites
- Be comfortable working in a small company with big ambitions and constrained resources
- You’ll be able to identify and take quantified risks and make decisions in a fast-changing environment so we can satisfy the customer needs
- Be a team player and an enabler, comfortably managing other people and external stakeholders
- Foresee events and issues and find efficient solutions that are aligned with the company values and vision.
Other Jobs at Open Cosmos
- AIT (Assembly, Integration & Test) Engineer, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- AIT (Assembly, Integration & Test) Technician, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- EMEA Business Development Director, Remote, Oxfordshire
- Quality and Product Assurance Engineer, Hybrid, Oxfordshire
- Project Manager (space mission), Remote, Oxfordshire