Senior Systems Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Remote, Oxfordshire, UK
Uploaded 15 Jun 2022
Working in the Systems Team
The systems team focuses on designing, developing and verifying space missions ranging from Scientific and Tech Demo to Commercial Earth Observation and beyond. Our system engineers are involved in the whole mission lifecycle from bid support through to launch and orbital operations.
What will you be doing?
You will be managing all engineering aspects of our space missions from requirements capture through to concept definition, design, implementation, all levels of testing and orbital operations support - acting as a technical lead coordinating different engineering teams to deliver a consistent technical solution.
You'll also be leading a small group of employees reporting directly into you, coaching them in day to day role responsibilities as well as supporting them in their careers and day to day management tasks (e.g. providing regular feedback, managing time off, etc)
- You'll be managing other people so the ability to coach and motivate colleagues, enabling them to achieve their full potential is key
- As a senior engineer, you will need strong knowledge of all aspects of the subsystems and mission to enable independent decision making and continuous improvement programmes
- As we said, you’ll be delivering a space mission so strong knowledge of satellite systems engineering is essential, ideally you would have seen the full cycle of a space mission from conception to end of life.
- You’ll be performing mission analysis and system design, so be ready to manage requirements and utilize MBSE tools, implement FMECA and design FDIR, manage system budgets and define CONOPs.
- To coordinate other technical teams involved in the design process you should have a good knowledge of the satellite subsystems: power system, on-board data handling, AOCS, comms, propulsion, mechanical, thermal.
- You’ll be communicating a lot, so be confident in speaking, listening and writing, sometimes within large groups including customers.
- Our Company operates in a dynamic environment, so be ready to adapt to change and learn quickly.
Other Jobs at Open Cosmos
- AIT (Assembly, Integration & Test) Engineer, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- AIT (Assembly, Integration & Test) Technician, Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
- EMEA Business Development Director, Remote, Oxfordshire
- Quality and Product Assurance Engineer, Hybrid, Oxfordshire
- Project Manager (space mission), Remote, Oxfordshire