Earth-i is looking for a Front-End Engineer to work on our exciting Earth Observation data analytics and insights platform and products. Your primary focus will be to work on the development of front-end user-facing elements to deliver the functionality needed to meet our technology vision. As a Front-End Engineer, you will be expected to contribute to our software architecture as well as our technology standards and choices.
You will also be responsible for integrating back-end elements built by colleagues into the front-end which means a basic understanding of back-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications & services
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end Engineers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions such as databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Actively participate in the definition and design of key architectures
- Extensive experience in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (e.g. Django, Flask)
- Experience with Cloud platforms, in particular AWS
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Familiarity with data analysis libraries such as Pandas, NumPy etc. would beneficial
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Good knowledge of libraries such as Asyncio
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages (e.g Jinja 2, Mako…)
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Development of back-end for mobile application development (native or web) will be an advantage
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimising output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Computer Science or similar degree or relevant experience
- Experience with Java and related framework(s)
- Experience with C++/C development
- Exposure to image processing, machine learning and data science will be an advantage
- Experience with delivering microservices will be an advantage
Other Jobs at Earth-i
No jobs currently available.