PhD Placements in Advanced Electronics for Telecommunications
Internship 3 months Harwell, Oxfordshire, UK
Uploaded 5 Dec 2017
The PhD candidates will support the system engineering team on advanced technologies for the next generation hybrid communications terminal. Based on the specific area of involvement, the candidates will be able to influence the system architecture and build hands-on experience. The candidates will help identify suitable technologies starting with TRL2 and developing up to TRL4. The candidates will contribute to specific work packages and provide a final report on and simulation code.
If you are up for the challenge and thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment, send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Example of Applicable Technology Innovation Areas
- Software defined modem with special mobility algorithms, electronically steerable antenna system, blockage prevention mechanisms for loss of line of sight and terrestrial augmentation
- Definition of 5GPP standards to include the hybrid terminal inter-operability specifications
- Multi radio access integrated antenna sub-system with coexisting cellular, satellite, positioning and WiFi
- MAC & Upper layer software definitions for seamless handover and convergence between satellite & cellular reception
- Software interfaces for automotive operating systems to support satellite connectivity and associated applications
- SDN/NFV Architectures and EPC for Satellite Components
- RF MEMS and RF ICs for Low-Power and High-Frequency SatCom Terminals (Ku, Ka, Q/V Bands)
- Inertial Sensors for High Frequency Accurate Antenna Pointing
- Hybrid Comm Protocol for IP Mobility
- Phased Array Antenna Technology
- VoIP technology and protocol for future hybrid network (VoLTE, VoWIFI, VoIP OTT, etc..)
- Master’s Degree in Telecommunications & Electronics Engineering, Physics or similar field.
Other Jobs at Satellite Applications Catapult
No jobs currently available.