Be part of something exciting! Do you want to take control of your future? Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high profile clients in the world’s most exciting sector? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? If you do then join us as a Technical Architect within our Space business. With over 36 years in the industry, CGI Space is a rapidly growing business with exciting projects and prospects across the Navigation, Earth Observation, Satcoms and Spacecraft Operations domains.
We are looking for a Technical Architect with Earth Observation experience to join us in Leatherhead, Surrey to work on Space projects for a variety of major clients including European Space Agency, Inmarsat, ECMWF, Eumetsat and Airbus. Our Technical Architects typically work in teams alongside, designers and testers against client requirements using industry standards to implement some of Europe’s most exciting IT projects. We encourage our Technical Architects to understand the full project lifecycle in order to provide the best solutions to our clients’ needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Earth Observation Technical Architect you would be required to work in a key role in supporting and growing the Earth Observation (EO) business, which includes designing and developing solutions as part of both business development and project delivery. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the requirements definition, system design & development and integration efforts for our client's projects. Our clients include European Space Agency (ESA), ECMWF and EUMETSAT. You must be able to work to high standards of quality, and to agreed timescales independently or as part of a team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Requirements analysis and Requirements definition
• Being a proactive member of the design team, propose or analyse a high level technical solution to comply with the requirements
• Working on the detailed design of the proposed solution that includes definition of interfaces, technology stack and documentation
• Rapid prototyping including evaluation of Open Source Software (OSS) components and COTS
• Providing guidance to the development and testing teams with hands on involvement when required
• Raising observation reports for bugs/anomalies in the system requirements and the system being tested.
• Bachelors or higher degree in remote sensing or Information technology or Computer science or any relevant discipline
• At least 3 years software development experience using programming languages like Java, Python, C# etc.
• At least 3 years of experience in working with Linux systems
• Experience in a responsible software design role and working across the design,
development and testing lifecycle
• Experience of using open source technologies and tools
• Experience in working with EO data exploitation tools, whether commercial or open-source, for example ESRI, GDAL, QGIS, Sentinel Toolboxes or relevant tools
• Know-how of EO data processing, from receipt of source data to delivery of final product or service
• Experience in working with organizations like ESA, ECMWF, EUMETSAT
• Integration of EO data with other data sources, such as in-situ, airborne, GNSS or Satcoms
• Experience of meteorological or climate data products processing and analysis
• Experience in working or developing applications using cloud APIs from one or more public cloud providers
You should also have strong analytical skills, be self-motivated and able to tackle technical assignments and problem solving without support from others. You must have strong written and presentation skills, with excellent attention to detail.
This role is based in Leatherhead and will require full time attendance at our Leatherhead offices. This role includes the opportunity for some occasional international travel to client sites, especially within Europe. Starting salaries depend on the current level of expertise and experience. Our roles require Security Clearance to SC Level, so you must have lived and worked in the EU for the past 5 years, and be willing to obtain this level of clearance if you do not already have it.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.