The Space Training Team provides training for all astronauts from ESA and its International Partners (NASA, Roscosmos, JAXA, CSA) for the Columbus European research laboratory as well as special skills such as robotics and Extra Vehicular Activity (EVA).
Multimedia production internships are available for students with excellent multimedia/video production skills.
This internship’s projects are varied but focus on producing video and other media for use in astronaut training (both on the International Space Station and the ground), E-Learning and other uses.
What will you do?
You will be involved throughout the production process; helping to write storyboards, shooting the material (for example, you might be interviewing an astronaut or creating an animation), as well as editing final videos. Solid skills in multimedia development, both 2D and 3D, and/or design will see you being kept busy on a range of varied and novel activities. We are looking for creative people who can work independently. You will be encouraged to show initiative, take on new challenges, learn new skills.
We recruit multimedia interns throughout the year. The preferred minimum duration is 4 months (6 months max).
- You should either be studying multimedia/graphic design or come from any academic background but have excellent multimedia skills
- Experience with video and/or audio recording and editing
- Experience creating 2D/3D graphics and animation (eg. Adobe CC)
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Fluent English (minimum CEFRA C1)
- A passion for human spaceflight would be beneficial but most important are enthusiasm, curiosity and resourcefulness