ESA's European Astronaut Centre (EAC) Communications team is looking for a dynamic intern to help meet the challenges of human and robotic space exploration. This full-time six month internship is based at EAC, near the historic city of Cologne, Germany.
The Communications team at ESA's European Astronaut Centre promotes Human and Robotic Exploration of Space by a multitude of platforms, ranging from digital, social and traditional media to events. It furthermore coordinates all public outreach activities regarding ESA astronauts and their missions.
The EAC Communication Office offers a limited number of internship opportunities each year and is in particular looking for a student with excellent skills and a strong background in
- writing, editing and production for the web and social media
- science and/or tech journalism
- public and media relations
- PR event management
- community management
The intern will report to the EAC Communication Officer and support the PR & Communications team at the European Astronaut Centre ESA/EAC, located in Cologne, Germany.
- Experience with social media and web content management software (in particular eZ Publish, Wordpress Multisite, Falcon.io
- Good knowledge of producing, managing and exploiting major social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube: Writing, Editing, Production, Management, Metrics etc.
- Experience with using social media in a professional setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Business proficient English and German (speaking and writing, one of them as mother tongue), knowledge of another ESA member state language is an asset
- Experience with ad-hoc translations
- Passion for Human Spaceflight, Robotic Exploration and Space Science
We are looking for dynamic people who can work independently to help us meet the challenges of human and robotic space exploration. You will be encouraged to show initiative, take on new challenges and learn new skills. In return, you will have access to EAC facilities and be working in a stimulating, multi-national environment that is unique within Europe and close to the historic and vibrant city of Cologne along the famous River Rhine.
Applicants must be a national of an ESA Member State or one of its Cooperating/Associate Member States:
ESA Member States are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
Cooperating and Associate Member States are: Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Slovakia and Slovenia.
The deadline for this position has passed