Engineer, Spacecraft Subsystem Power & Thermal
Graduate Position Permanent Betzdorf, Luxembourg
Uploaded 28 Apr 2018
The Engineer, Spacecraft Subsystem Power & Thermal is responsible for the in-orbit operations and performance monitoring of the electrical Power & Thermal subsystems of the satellites, as well as the support to spacecraft planning, design and procurement.
- Provide electrical Power & Thermal expertise to nominal and contingency operations of the satellites
- Support spacecraft operations and configuration changes, including generating or reviewing Operational Task Orders, configuration validation and direct supervision over critical spacecraft commanding
- Develop and/or validate nominal and contingency procedures and tools
- Provide on-call support and react to contingencies for the electrical Power & Thermal subsystems of the satellites per established escalation procedures
- Pro-actively monitor the electrical Power & Thermal subsystems to identify degraded performance, anticipate scenarios and take appropriate action. Develop and maintain tools for evaluating and trending health to maximize satellite safety, availability and longevity, including Power & Thermal budgets and satellite capacity predicts
- Provide support to new satellite procurement activities, in-orbit testing, and start of service activities
- Directly interface with internal and external parties in relation to the responsibilities of the subsystems, including Satellite Manufacturers, planning, insurance and other internal or external requests/reporting
- Contribute to a continuous effort to more effectively and efficiently manage the satellite in-orbit operations, including processes, procedures, monitoring, and Ground Control System improvements
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering, with a specialization that includes electrical/electronics engineering is mandatory. Additional specialization in thermal control would be considered an advantage
- At least 2 years of applicable professional experience in satellite engineering and/or operations is desired, recent Graduate applicants are welcome and will be considered
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to acquire detailed technical information within pre-defined deadlines and apply it in day-to-day situations
- Have strong computer software skills with proficiency in at least one programming language
- Ability to react to contingencies and cope with high stress situations
- Fluency in English, with strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Team spirit and ability to integrate into an international environment
- A valid driver’s license is required for on-call support
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.