At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it! If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing
The Network Operations Intern will be assisting on a variety of projects, but primarily supporting our team in the Global Network Operations Centre (GNOC). They will support development of our GNOC systems including development of software tools, user interface environments, and data analytics capabilities. The intern will be also become integrated into our First Ten satellite segment test team. The candidate will acquire a good insight into Network Operations and how tooling enhances operational capabilities which is key for the success of the OneWeb project.
Depending on the team needs and the candidate skills and interests, the Network Operations Intern will take part in one or more of the following:
- Gain familiarity with OneWeb operational processes, procedures and tools
- Develop scripts to automate operational tasks that will drive operational excellence and reduce time to restore
- Work with systems team to develop automated interface agreements
- Support continuous improvement for our GNOC environment
- Develop mobile application for GNOC situational awareness
- Provide enhancements to GNOC human-machine interfaces
- Gain large systems operations expertise
- Min. 1 year experience with scripting and tool development (Python preferred)
- Experience with parsing JSON/XML formatted data
- Experience working with Cassandra/SQL (relational) databases
- Experience with software development environment (github preferred)
- Familiarity with RF and communications
- High-quality written and oral reporting skills
- Experience with space mission analysis software, such as STK, is an asset
- Recently graduated or currently in the final year of his/her BSc/MSc in Electrical Engineering (Telecoms option preferred), Physics, Aerospace, Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- MSc in relevant discipline (i.e. Space Communications) is an asset
Other Jobs at OneWeb
No jobs currently available.