Primary Purpose of the Role:
To support the definition of requirements, architecture, design and verification for space systems in accordance with relevant European Space Agency flight standards. This will be completed in accordance with relevant Thales Quality Management and industry Standards. The Systems Engineer will support the Systems Engineering team on Equipment, Payload/Platforms activities within phase A/B/C/D of proposals/projects.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager with technical oversight provided by the Design Authority. The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support analysis of customer requirements and flow them into a compliant subsystem specifications
- Deliver technical documents and estimates for proposals and reviews on time.
- Support system / subsystem trade-offs where necessary
- Support the analysis of the initial satellite budgets and later updates reflecting the evolving design
- System Design and Integration
- Selection of parts suitable for the space environment;
- Interface Management and Specification;
- Support requirements Engineering through the engineering project
- Establish Verification Control Documentation
- Conduct the initial analysis of inputs from the different teams (systems, software, mechanical/thermal)
- Authoring and defining test procedures;
- Supporting integration and testing at unit and Spacecraft level;
- Support to reviews at all levels of the design, development and testing of the function;
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Deliver defined tasks to budget & schedule
- Generate specification, architecture, development and validation plans
- Analyse and where appropriate identify developments required at EM and EQM to support flight development
- Implement and test hardware in accordance with relevant standards
- Support Skill Lead in optimising approaches to engineering processes
The position will be based at the TAS-UK Bristol office but up to 10% of work may need to be conducted at subcontractor’s or customer premises, typically in UK or Europe.
- Experience in a space related study/project is desirable
- Experience with Requirements management tools such as DOORS, and modelling tools will be an advantage
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
Other Jobs at Thales Alenia Space
No jobs currently available.