Space AIT/AIV Engineer - Assembly, Integration, Test & Verification
Graduate Position Permanent Harwell, UK
Uploaded 11 Jun 2018
Archangel Lightworks is a start-up specialised in space laser communications based in Harwell Space Campus, Oxfordshire. Founded in mid-2017, we have secured long-term funding and successfully demonstrated several novel prototypes related to laser transmission and efficient perpendicular solar concentration. Our mission is to make 10x more data download possible to meet the demand from the growing satellites market, especially smallsats, delivering more data from the earth orbit to the ground at higher speed.
Role & Responsibilities
We are passionate about innovation and driven to find new concepts for communications architectures. We are seeking an ambitious and experienced talent with a strong background in Assembly, Integration & Test or Verification (AIT/AIV) Engineering and technical leadership to join our rapidly growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the proper definition and implementation of the Assembly, Integration and Test activities at all levels, including definition of test documentation.
Specific job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Definition of tests of system performance & functions; ownership of Assembly, Manufacturing, Integration Plans, Test Specifications, Test Procedures, Test Results and participation in formal reviews.
- Procurement, development and maintenance of GCS equipment for payload and airborne platform, including supplier management.
- Support the definition and execution of payload demonstration campaigns including site selection, on site assembly, integration, calibration and test.
- External manufacturing processes and services definition.
- Equipment and facilities definition and allocation.
- Supplier identification, selection, quotation requests, parts and materials procurements, parts reception and inspection, long lead time item (LLI) procurement.
Interested applicants may also consider starting first as a fixed-term consultant while rolling into a permanent role although this is less preferred.
- Substantial experience (2-5 years) in system testing and payloads functional tests (definition, procurement, assembly, execution, analysis).
- AIT/AIV experience with optical systems/payloads, ideally lab experience with non-visible light sources.
- Practical experience working in AIT within the space industry, ideally on Cubesats.
- Good knowledge of GSE operations and infrastructure.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent experience
Desirable additional skills/experience:
- Experience working in an optical lab, ideally with IR lasers.
- Airborne payload AIT experience, particularly for HAPS or other autonomous platforms.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards in system engineering, testing and verification.
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, C/C++
- Soldering to Space industry standards (Certification would be a plus)
- Experience working on Cubesat projects, UAV, HAPS projects.
You will be remunerated competitively depending on your experience and skills. We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints such that you will be making impact early and regularly, with a sustainable work-life balance. There are options for flexible working hours, (some) working from home, travel and training bursaries, as needed. We also work in the buzzing Harwell Space Campus with regular events on site (networking, workshops), and delicious lunch time international cuisines.
Dates and duration:
Suitable candidate to join as soon as possible, with the start date negotiable.
Our offices are with the European Space Agency at Harwell, near Oxford. Some remote work and overseas travel will be possible.
Other Jobs at Archangel Lightworks
No jobs currently available.