Associate/Senior Software Developer
Graduate Position Permanent Berlin, Germany
Uploaded 21 Jul 2018
PTScientists is a private space company based in the vibrant city of Berlin. We are currently growing our team of engineers to support Mission to the Moon – which we hope will be the first privately funded mission to land on the lunar surface. We are working with key technology partners Audi and Vodafone Germany to enable a range of scientific, technological and cultural firsts with Mission to the Moon. Our team is made up of smart, passionate and ambitious people and we are proud to be contributing to the next chapter of space exploration.
- We are developing the transport and communications infrastructure required to enable future lunar missions and possible human settlement.
- We believe that space is for everyone and we want to increase global access to space.
- We want to create the next “Apollo moment” and inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers.
We’re looking for a software developer who will design, implement and test the ground segment rover control software. The major work will be done on the client software for a rover control system which will communicate with several external and internal network services. This application shall provide video streams, spacecraft telemetry and commanding abilities, plus a couple of other features needed to remote control our Audi lunar quattro rover.
Your work will include:
- Designing, implementing and testing a Qt UI based client application (Windows/Linux).
- Designing, implementing and testing a Qt command-line based server application (Windows/Linux).
- Custom video stream processing.
- Video overlay generation out of 3D image data and other metadata.
- 3D data processing for navigation and guidance.
- Designing, implementing and testing a 2D/3D mission planning tool for the Audi lunar quattro lunar surface operations.
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Good knowledge of the Qt framework
- Good knowledge of network programming (UDP/TCP sockets)
- Basic knowledge of OpenGL
- Basic knowledge of GIT
- Basic knowledge of CMake
- Basic knowledge of Visual Studio 2015 or above
- Basic knowledge of g++
Nice to haves:
- Experience with a Linux distribution e.g. Fedora or Ubuntu
- OpenCL based image processing experience
- Knowledge of TLS protocol
- Experience with Clang
- In-depth experience with CMake
Salary: Dependent on experience
PTScientists HQ is based in Berlin, Germany. Berlin is full of creative and enterprising people, things to see and do, and plenty of great places to grab a cheap and tasty bite to eat. It’s a great place to live! Our office and labs are based on the eastern side of Berlin, just a few minutes walk away from Springpfuhl S-Bahn – a fast and convenient connection to the centre of town.
Why Should You Apply?
- It’s your chance to play an important role in developing a European lunar mission.
- Be part of a fantastic team.
- Help us write the next chapter of commercial space exploration.
Other Jobs at Part Time Scientists GmbH
No jobs currently available.