GNC/AOCS and Robotics Engineer
Graduate Position Permanent Portsmouth/Stevenage, UK
Uploaded 1 Aug 2018
Are you interested in learning about Aerospace, spacecraft and Robotics? Do you have dynamics and controls experience? Wanting to join a knowledgeable team who knowledge share and where your ideas are not only listen to - but actioned as well?
Then this is the role for you!
As an experienced engineer you will be joining a team of Attitude and Orbit Control System / Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC / AOCS) analysts to work on current and future space missions. The job includes the design, analysis and test support activities associated with the development of a GNC/AOCS system for space applications.
The department provides the GNC / AOCS engineering design, analysis and support to a number of large ESA projects being conducted at Airbus DS Stevenage, including Solar Orbiter (observing the Sun's heliosphere and solar wind) and ExoMars Rover (a mission to land and operate an autonomous rover vehicle on Mars). The department also leads a number of technology R&D studies (both internal and external) in the areas of advanced GNC and robotics.
The position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
- Perform GNC/AOCS design and analysis activities through the full engineering lifecycle from initial concept design, rapid prototyping, all the way through to support to final validation
- Produce the associated documentation (design justifications, Software requirements for GNC/AOCS algorithms, performance analysis documentation etc.)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Matlab and Simulink experience
- Ability to develop Software to a prototype level (non-real time simulator development under C / Matlab).
- A background in Engineering / Physics / Science / Technology / Computer Science (or similar) and preferably an interest in the space engineering sector.
- Knowledge of dynamics and control is essential, as is experience in the use of Matlab, Simulink.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to interact comfortably within a team environment.
- Mathematical modelling, computer simulations and software development
- Dynamics and control engineering knowledge.
Other Jobs at Airbus
No jobs currently available.