Junior EPS-SG System Data Engineer
Graduate Position Permanent Darmstadt, Germany
Uploaded 7 Aug 2018
This position is part of the Talent Management Programme within the Operations and Engineering department to promote the career of junior engineers. We are therefore looking for a young, motivated and alented engineer to work alongside one of our most senior engineers.
You will be coached and mentored by the senior colleague and exposed to a wide range of EPS-SG systems aspects in order to become a valuable part of the team with long term prospects. You will receive dedicated trainings and support from Telespazio to complement your degree and early career experience and we will make sure you have a long term career progression available to you
Responsibilities / Duties
System related analyses to ensure completeness and coherence of the concepts and design for end to end data processing. Special focus will be on:
- Establishing and maintaining the system design in the area of data dissemination including maintenance of an overall budget
- Ensuring that the system design is compatible with all instrument calibration needs/activities
- Ensuring that the system design takes into account all necessary auxiliary data needed for product generation
- Follow up of Instrument Functional Chain Teams (IFCT) activities from a system engineering point of view
- Support for the preparation and maintenance of system technical specifications
- Establishing and maintaining traceability between the system technical specifications and upper and lower level requirements
- Support the maintenance of system interface control documents
Qualifications / Experience
- University (or similar) degree in engineering.
- 1‐2 years of working experience, ideally in the space industry within the (ground segment) systems domain.
- You have a good understanding of the space and ground segment and are able to keep a wider system view to evaluate the impact of changes on the entire system.
- You are familiar with the definition and tracking of system requirements and technical design budgets.
- You are comfortable interacting with different and cross‐functional teams to discuss and evaluate the impact of design changes
Familiarity with EUMETSAT and the EPS‐SG programme