You will work on projects that focus on mapping and visualisation of satellite data. The applications of our core technology are numerous, ranging from flood disaster response to the reduction of illegal deforestation. We need you to help us create mapping applications that put this power into the hands of our users.
Your role will be to work within the software team (working with an elite team of data scientists and business development staff) in the design and development of imaginative solutions to our unique software problems.
- 2+ years of commercial experience
- Working knowledge of browser technology and cross browser compatibility.
- Experience working with a modern front-end framework.
- Good team player.
- Experience with Git
- Ability to manage own time
- Willingness to travel.
Good to have:
- Experience with test driven development
- Interest or experience in React and Elm
- Interest or experience in data visualization and GIS
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with Django
- Experience with Linux command line
- Experience working with VM frameworks (e.g. Vagrant)
- Ability to provide accurate estimates
- Degree in computer science or other quantitative discipline
- Able to speak another language besides English.