Young Graduate Trainee for Digitisation of Archives
Internship 1 year Frascati, Italy
Uploaded 31 Aug 2018
Our team and mission
The Director General’s Cabinet assists the Director General and the Council in their activities. It also ensures the necessary support for all meetings and official visits at high level, including an appropriate protocol service. It co-ordinates transversal activities in all areas reporting directly to DG.
The Cabinet guarantees Member States access to the necessary information to support the decision making process and maintains the ESA archives for access, fruition and exploitation of its member states its’s scientific community.
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the ESA website: http://www.esa.int
Field(s) of activities
The rapid evolution in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) have strongly enhanced the value of digitally managed data, information and knowledge.
ESA is therefore implementing the ESA Digital Agenda for Space (EDAS). Specifically the Cabinet is part of the digital transformation of the Agency with a leading role in the development of a system to collaborate with its member states, distribute and make accessible official documents and made available its archives.
Focus areas for the trainee will be document management, system to facilitate collaboration inside and outside the Agency and the digital transformation of archives.
Specifically the Young Graduate Trainee (YGT) shall perform the following activities:
- conduct ad hoc studies and analysis in support of the Cabinet specific items of the Digital Agenda;
- support the testing, validation and the deployment of the systems developed by IT;
- support the change management activities related to the digital transformation;
- support the transition of libraries from LN to Microsoft Share Point and support the use of Microsoft Share Point functionality to implement the ESA Records management procedures;
- participate in the assessment of the collections of the ESA Corporate archive and support the publication of its catalogues on-line.
- Knowledge of relevant technical domains
- Relevant experience gained during internships/project work
- Breadth of exposure coming from past and/or current research/activities
- Knowledge of ESA and its programmes/projects
- Self Motivation
- Continuous Learning
- Cross-Cultural Sensitivity
Applicants should have just completed, or be in their final year of a University course at Masters Level (or equivalent) in a technical or scientific discipline.
Familiarity with document management concepts and solutions is an asset.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
In addition, applicants should demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team as well as a customer focus attitude.
During the interview the candidates’ motivation and overall professional perspective/career goals will also be explored.
The deadline for this position has passed