Graduate/Trainee Imagery & GIS Specialist
Graduate Position Permanent Guildford, UK
Uploaded 4 Sep 2018
Earth-i's Client Services Department is seeking a graduate with a professional, client-facing approach to join our growing team of imagery and contract management specialists.
The Client Services team is responsible for delivering on client contracts, ensuring excellence in client service delivery and maintaining high customer satisfaction. This includes managing the successful delivery of imagery and geographic information system (GIS) data, imagery processing and value-added services.
In addition, the team looks for opportunities to expand the scope of services provided by Earth-i for existing and new customers and is responsible for managing a range of supplier relationships.
Working with our existing team, you will be mentored by experienced specialists, offering a great opportunity to learn a range of niche skills. You will develop into a customer service role, providing support to the Client Services team and enabling Earth-i to continue successful delivery of contracts for Earth Observation imagery and related services.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, they will have excellent team work skills, be comfortable in a dynamic environment and have a professional approach. It is expected that the successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences, Geography, Remote Sensing, GIS or similar/related specialism, be proficient with a range of software, and will be a quick learner.
- You will be provided with guidance and training as necessary to ensure you are able to perform this role and it is expected that you will gradually take on its full responsibilities as you progress.
- Client services / contract delivery responsibilities will include supporting or assisting in a variety of tasks, for example:
- Contract delivery and ensure customer satisfaction
- Customer communications throughout the delivery period
- Ensuring imagery is tasked and acquired, then delivered
- Conducting required value-added service activity, e.g. pan-sharpening, image registration, ortho-rectification, mosaicking etc.
- Quality control of products, ensuring they meet required quality standards using GIS and image processing software
- Customer service and troubleshooting
- Support customer geographical data preparation
- Provide on call support as necessary including occasional evenings and weekends
This role also qualifies for a generous benefits package including private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.
- Technical or scientific background or training
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences, Geography, Remote Sensing, GIS or similar/related specialism
Other Jobs at Earth-i
No jobs currently available.