FPGA, Software Development & Simulation Engineer
Graduate Position Permanent Harwell, Oxfordshire, UK
Uploaded 10 Sep 2018
Neptec UK is a growing and dynamic company based on the Harwell Campus in Oxfordshire. We are currently designing and building hardware/software for two major ESA programs (Proba-3 and Luna-Resource) as well as UKSA development projects. Come join Neptec UK and be involved in Europe’s next mission to the moon.
This role provides an opportunity to join a growing UK team developing instrumentation for several upcoming space missions, including a Lunar Lander. The successful candidate will be a technically minded individual with a keen interest in space.
- Mathematical modelling and simulation
- Responsible for FPGA & VHDL related contents for implementation of robust digital hardware
- Support to subcontractor coordination: Spacewire and other VHDL/SW developments
- Responsible for the Electronic Ground Support Equipment (EGSE)
- Responsible for the design and implementation of waveforms generators and feedback control for precise scanning systems
- Responsible for the design and implementation of telemetry / telecommand (TM/TC) and data handling capacities for complex aerospace sensors
- Preparation of technical documentation including test procedures, design specifications and engineering change notices
- Development of simulator software modules representing instrument performance
- Opportunities to shape future projects and enabling technologies
- University degree in electronic engineering or equivalent
- Excellent written communication
- Strong background in design and testing
- Experience with FPGA tools (Xilinx, Actel preferred)
- Able to independently apply engineering principles to complex projects relating to product or tool design
- Matlab or Python
- General knowledge on microcontrollers and digital electronics
- Control of imaging detectors (CMOS APS or similar).
- Familiarity with formal configuration control methods;
- Experience working on military/aerospace programs would be an asset
- Experience with ECSS standards
- Knowledge of designing for harsh environments
- Eager to learn new skills
Other Jobs at Neptec UK
No jobs currently available.