GNSS Navigation Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Nottingham, UK
Uploaded 14 Sep 2018
NSL are pioneering the use of satellite navigation by shaping the use of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) within critical markets such as those that directly affect the safety of citizens, are key in terms of national strategy, or affect the way business is conducted. NSL is a dynamic SME with a high-calibre workforce who pride themselves on technical expertise, innovation, responsiveness and flexibility. Would you be interested in joining the team to develop precise GNSS-based positioning and navigation software solutions? NSL have an immediate requirement for a full time Navigation Engineer. The role will be based in either Nottingham, UK, or in our new European office.
- Analysis, development, improvement and testing of algorithms for high accuracy and precision positioning and navigation.
- Development of quality measures for precision positioning and navigation.
- Software implementation into real-time applications and services to agreed timescales and standards.
- Participate in the team’s software design discussions.
- Improving product quality by diagnosing and fixing defects.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company’s development processes.
- Create relevant documentation following the company’s processes.
- Provide training and guidance to other engineers and customers as required.
- Interface closely with key customers to understand and solve issues and to customize the core products to their individual requirements.
Key Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will possess a number of the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of algorithms for advanced positioning techniques
- Knowledge of GNSS related quality measures
- Working experience in the development of advanced positioning or integrated navigation solutions and services.
- Possess a good understanding of user markets and applications.
- Experience in the use of precise positioning software tools
- Experience with programming languages and/or mathematical analysis packages
- Knowledge and experience of software engineering practice and developing code to industry standards
- Experience in developing technical documentation, procedures and guidelines.
- Degree or further degree in a GNSS, scientific or mathematical related subject.
The candidate must be eligible to qualify for UK/EU Security Clearance and therefore only European citizens should apply.
Other Jobs at Nottingham Scientific Ltd (NSL)
No jobs currently available.