Direct Entry Job Permanent Nottingham, UK
Uploaded 14 Sep 2018
NSL are pioneering the use of satellite navigation by shaping the use of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) within critical markets such as those that directly affect the safety of citizens, are key in terms of national strategy, or affect the way business is conducted. NSL is a dynamic SME with a high-calibre workforce who pride themselves on technical expertise, innovation, responsiveness and flexibility. Would you be interested in joining the team to develop GNSS-based positioning and navigation hardware solutions?
NSL have an immediate requirement for a full time Hardware Engineer. The role will be based in either Nottingham, UK, or in our new European office.
- Capture customer/user requirements.
- Component selection, design and initial development of hardware for existing and new products
- Liaise with electronics manufacturers and component suppliers
- Approve designs from third party electronics manufacturers
- Test, fault diagnose and maintain hardware
- Ensure designs achieve product regulatory approvals including EMC, and transfer into production.
- Design mechanical parts for products, including frames and housings, and for product testing equipment.
- Work to deadlines and adapt plans as necessary to meet project objectives.
The successful candidate will possess a number of the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Electronics Engineering, or similar
- Experience developing hardware and/or firmware.
- Good knowledge of digital and analogue electronics.
- Experience with PCB design and design tools
- Experience in PCB population (hand soldering)
- Knowledge of mechanical design for product cases and enclosure
- Knowledge and experience of design for manufacture and product approval processes including EMC
The candidate must be eligible to qualify for UK/EU Security Clearance and therefore only European citizens should apply.