About The Company
Do you want to use your software skills to make a difference to society? The software we produce will contribute to controlling satellites observing the Earth’s weather systems. Every time you see a European weather forecast you will know that your contributions helped to facilitate it, which helps people every day, as well as helping to avoid misfortune due to weather storms.
The SCISYS Space Division is looking for enthusiastic, ambitious test engineers to augment our Satellite Ground Systems development teams in Bristol, UK. We deliver a wide range of projects and products to our customers, such as the European Space Agency, spanning large scale system developments used to operate satellites to small technology studies involving prototypes and technology demonstrators. We cover many software and IT aspects of the space and ground segments for spacecraft missions, including monitoring and control, planning, automation, operations data preparation, archives and big data analysis. Importantly we are also moving into product development to facilitate the trend of operating mega-constellations.
About The Role
The Software Test Engineer role will include working directly with the software development teams to implement the detailed test programme and support deployment and testing at the integration site and ultimately at the spacecraft control centres. The role will involve:
- Working as part of the team to support integration and testing of software sub-systems
- Development of Automated tests and associated test tools
- Support and management of a continuous integration environment to ensure that software sub-systems are regularly and thoroughly tested.
- Support for analysis and corrective maintenance of software anomalies
- Direct interaction with customers to support systems testing and higher levels of integration
- Travel to the customer site, as required, to assist with testing, provide support or training.
Proven candidates will have the opportunity to contribute more widely to the Space Division and develop and grow within the company taking on leadership roles where appropriate. Verification and Validation is an important and growing part of our business, spanning not only the ground segment but also embedded systems, as well as the validation of autonomous systems. We value individuals with the ability, initiative, ambition and willingness to help shape our business.
The candidate must have a software engineering or software test background with experience of formal test programmes including verification and validation. An understanding and appreciation of good software development practices is essential, including the contribution to software documentation.
The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.It is expected that the role will include customer interaction, so the successful candidate will be fluent in English and confident in their role in representing the company.
- Experience in the use of Java within TDD and BDD toolsets
- Understanding and experience of Continuous Integration
- Understanding of verification and validation, particularly from a customer perspective
- Requirements engineering
- Experience of working in different levels of Software Testing Lifecycle including UAT
- Automation: User experience with web based and desktop based applications tools
- Experience with Linux
- Experience of working on test management and bug tracking tools
- Experience of producing test documentation including test scenarios, test results reports
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Security Clearance desirable
- Willingness to travel to customer sites